Using Oil vs Watercolors!
In this video, I paint the same scene side by side in Oils and Watercolor and compare the painting methods in these mediums. Here are the differences in the way I use these painting mediums.
- Paint dark areas first and then lighter ones.
- No drying time in between layers.
- No Layering of colors. Painted in Alla Prima or Premier Coup method.
- Use opaque White color
- Painting develops area by area.
- Paint light areas first and then darker ones.
- Drying time is allowed between layers.
- Painted in Multiple layers of paint
- Use white of the paper
- Painting develops layer by layer.
Watch the video below to actually see me paint and explain this in detail.